A series of strange events
Last week we experienced an 80% solar eclipse here in Damascus. Josh and I enjoyed making a
paper pin-hole which allowed us to watch the progress of the sun’s eclipse. A full eclipse passed through Libya and Turkey just hours before and after ours.In other strange weather patterns, today was the first time I’ve seen the sky rain mud! Apparently every spring there is a strong wind which blows dust from the desert (I’m not sure which direction it comes from) and when this combines with rain as it did today, it rains mud. The sky and air were a dull orange color, and cars, laundry and people alike were covered with muddy polka dots. What a
strange phenomenon.

1 Comments:
maybe the mud is good for one's complexion. if they could sell the public on this idea a new tourist attractiion would result. very interesting.
Post a Comment
<< Home